UFC featherweight champion Max Holloway will return his Octagon to the top of 145-pound rival Brian Ortega after a terrible fear of health earlier this year.
However, if the “Blessed” cannot answer the call, Hawaiians may be deprived of his zone. In addition, former track and field champion Valentina Shevchenko will compete with former heavyweight champion Joanna Dzhedzheychik for the vacant 125-pound belt, recently removed from the inactive Nikko Montano.
The damage on December 8 caused some changes in the UFC 231 card.
On the main map of Scotiabank Arena, the injury of Mirsad Bektic canceled the race against Renato Moicano. The transfer to the main map will be welterweight between Alex Oliveira and Gunnar Nelson, and the pay-per-view slot will be an easy battle against Kyle Bochnyak, Hakim Dovod.
With these steps, the conflict between heavyweight rivals Claudia Gadela and Nina Ansaroff is now a prelude to FS1.
The damage also caused John McDessie to be injured in a match with Diego Ferreira and stepped on to replace “The Bull” – his own Jesse Ronson in Ontario, who first opened the UFC in his hometown since 2014.
UFC 231 Cards:
UFC 231 Main Event:
- 145 lbs.: UFC Featherweight Champion Max Holloway vs. Brian Ortega
UFC 231 Co-Main Event:
- 125 lbs.: Valentina Shevchenko vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk for vacant flyweight title
UFC 231 Main Card, Prelims:
- 155 lbs.: Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Gilbert Burns
- 170 lbs.: Chad Laprise vs. Dhiego Lima
- 145 lbs.: Kyle Bochniak vs. Hakeem Dawodu
- 205 lbs.: Devin Clark vs. Aleksandar Rakic
- 115 lbs.: Nina Ansaroff vs. Claudia Gadelha
- 135 lbs.: Brad Katona vs. Matthew Lopez
- 205 lbs.: Jimi Manuwa vs. Thiago Santos
- 185 lbs.: Eryk Anders vs. Elias Theodorou
- 155 lbs.: John Makdessi vs. Diego Ferreira
UFC 231 was held at the Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada, with Max Holloway and Brian Ortega as light gold medals, Joanna Engeychik and Valentina Shevchenko as free champions.